Data Scientist Position
About the Job:
If you want a unique opportunity to expand your skill set and expertise and be part of an exclusive team of smart colleagues, then please keep reading.
LiftPoint Consulting is looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist to join the Data Science team. The opportunity at LiftPoint Consulting is like no other. We are consistently working on the “cutting-edge” of analytic methodology. You will work in a fast-paced environment and be able to demonstrate and expand your expertise every day.
Intelligent and data-driven candidates need only apply. We are looking for a data scientist that is completely obsessed with messy data and building algorithms that defy the laws of normal business analytics. If you find joy in machine learning, data mining, predictive analytics and very basic pivot tables to answer critical business questions, this is your job.
The role will be highly demanding. You should be comfortable with the entire data science stack and you will need to be autonomous for most of a project. If you don’t know or understand something, you need to know when to ask and be a self-learner.
You will always be challenged.
The position reports to the Vice President of Data Science.
- Strong skills in statistics, probability and/or machine learning.
- Fluent in R, Python, SAS or Julia.
- Data visualization skills are required. Have experience in Tableau, Qlik, ggplot2, etc.
- RDBMS/SQL required.
- Cloud Computing (AWS) preferred.
- Amazing communication skills.
- The desire to continue learning.
- Identify what and when simple is good enough.
- Education: Just be qualified to be a data scientist.
- Years of Experience: 2-5 years (non-academic experience) – preference given to candidates with database marketing, retail, risk or supply chain experience.